Pada prasar paschimottanasana provides similar benefits to paschimottanasana while giving an extended stretch to the inside of the legs and the muscles under and between the shoulder blades. The chest opens up and the effects of the asana are distributed throughout both the upper and lower parts of the body.
How to do Pada Prasar Paschimottanasana?
– Sit with the legs spread as wide as possible
– Use your hands to move the meat of your buttock and inner thighs away so you are sitting directly on your sit bones and the pelvis is tilted slightly forward
– Sit with a tall spine and begin to walk your hands forward on the floor in front of you
– Keep the length in your spine and try to take your hands to the outside of the feet or the ankles
– Hold the posture for 30s-1 minute or as long as is comfortable