Looking for a yoga book. The market is flooded with a million books. Besides, contemporary authors have given their interpretations. Thus, a couple of classic reliable books that can be read if you are curious about yoga.
1. Anatomy of hatha yoga: Anyone who is curious or troubled about how the body responds to stretching and exercise. This book will give them readable and reliable information.
2. Four Chapters on Freedom: This book is a commentary by Swami Satyananda Saraswati in which he unravels the meaning of the Sutras, verse by verse.
3. The Heart of Yoga: Developing a personal practice – The author’s account of his father’s philosophy and teachings are the closest we can get to Sri. Krishnamacharya.
4. Light on Yoga: This book is so much more than just a practice manual! It includes yogic philosophy, breathwork techniques, the workings of the internal body in yoga practice and more.
5. Asana Pranayam Mudra bandha: It guides the practioner easily from the simplest to the most advanced practice. It also has a new therapeutic index has been included for use by doctors and yoga therapists.
Read and keep practicing yoga!
Yogi. Blogger. Storyteller After, a decade of being a fitness enthusiast and various trial and errors with corporate jobs and teaching (post a PG degree in Management).