From the time we are born we all enjoy delicious food. And we love variety. I remember when I was growing up, I was fussy about my food and my mom’s concern was to feed me nutritious food and inculcate mindful eating as a habit. From my teens, I started enjoying cooking. And when I started practicing yoga, my cooking took a different turn. The food was more healthy, healing , local and vibrant. Besides, baking and finding healthy alternatives became my passion.
During the same period, cooking became meditative for me. It was mindful and uplifting. For me, it was “Soulful cooking.“There was so much joy, energy in me and the food, that the people eating my food would find joy and delicacy in every bite.
Our food gives us energy. So while cooking or eating be aware of the whole process. And you will feel the difference.
Few tips about mindful eating
- Use Ginger in everyday cooking as it’s good for digestion and blotting, thus very refreshing.
- Whatever you cook keep it crunchy don’t overcook as it will give you more flavor. This will ensure adequate fiber in your food.
- Lastly eat local and colourful food.
- Switch off the television, phone and give attention to your food. Savour every bite, chew it well, consequently you will not overeat and the digestion becomes easier.
- Be happy while cooking as it helps to energize your food and body.
Before I leave, it would be a pleasure to read your experiences about mindful cooking and eating.