Sethu bandhasana can be used to fire up or cool down your yoga practice. The bridge posture is great for the spine, thus the vertebrae is lengthened and strengthened. This asana can be used as a preparatory posture for Chakrasana.
What is so special about Sethu bandhasana?
This asana can be a restorative posture or a dynamic way to open and strengthen your body. It opens the thoracic spine (the middle and upper back) and imprints important alignment principles in the lower body. Whether you are new to yoga or have been practicing for years, you can reap benefits from building a strong Bridge! Besides, it is a great warm up for the abdomen too.
Manipura chakra is associated with the natural element fire and directly linked to your sense of self. A healthy solar plexus ensures that you are comfortable with your own inherent power and become empowered. This energy center is associated with your self-esteem, sense of purpose, personal identity, individual will, digestion and metabolism.
Benefits of Sethu bandhasana
- Opens shoulders and chest- Rolling onto the tops of your shoulders, helps in opening the chest and strengthening the upper back. This pose is very restorative for anyone who notices that they droop in the shoulders – be it while standing or sitting.
- Opens the hip– Bridge asana opens the hip flexors, creating length where there needs to be length, and tension where tension is needed. Great posture to be practiced, after sitting for a long time.
- De-stressing and calming effects– in the brain and nervous system.
- Aligns and strengthens the vertebrae.
- Stimulates the lungs, thyroid glands and abdominal organs- while improving digestion ,circulatory system and respiration.
- Backbend– Sethu bandhasana is a mild backbend and tones the whole abdominal region.
This asana is energising! Besides it is a great way to warm up before intense backbends or cool down after intense core work!! Thus, add this asana to your daily practice and reap the benefits!!
Coming soon Chakrasana, an intense backbend and vertebrae aligner-strengthener.
See you soon