Do you eat to live or live to eat? Is it all about satiating the taste buds or is it important to nourish the body? Let me share a short story. During my yoga training, one of my friend’s mom was staying with us for a few days. While we were having lunch together, the server was coaxing aunty to have one more roti. But, she laughingly told her, that her stomach was not a well. Where you could keep on filling it. As we know, in India we show are love by preparing and serving good food. It is affectionate but we need to know, where to draw the line.
Gratitude for the food
Basic Tips for everyday eating
As the festive time is around the corner, time for a healthy sweet!! Here comes the baked ladoo
- Oats 250gm
- Wheat flour 250gm
- Ghee half cup
- Almond+ dates + flax seeds + pumpkin seeds + sunflower seeds + cinnamon + dry figs
- Dates and figs – small pieces- 1 cup
- baking powder 1 teaspoon
- Roast all the nuts, keep it separately.
- Roast oats and wheat flour together, till it becomes light brown.
- Mix nuts, oats ,wheat flour , baking powder and ghee together.
- Add dates and figs
- Use your yogi hands to mix and bind them in a round ladoo.
- Put it in oven for 20 minutes ( keep checking in between).
Please involve your family in making ladoo. Ladoo will taste better and it will be fun. You can eat this ladoo for breakfast. Happy mindful eating 😘💓