Detoxing one’s body is fast becoming a new trend in the world of fitness. As the name suggests, detoxing aims to help the body rid itself of toxins. The human body has many natural pathways to allow detoxification through liver, sweat, urine, faeces and more. Detoxification helps the vital organs cleanse themselves of the toxins. And enable the liver to function appropriately in excreting them.
Toxic intake which is not excreted properly may can cause bloating, gas, headaches, constipation, headaches, fatigues, nausea, skin problems, bad breath and bring your energy levels really down.
Detox drinks/juices/smoothies are fast gaining recognition through the households. Using Ayurvedic herbs, antioxidant rich fruits or vegetables is highly beneficial. As they are full of fibre, which can naturally aid weight loss, improve liver functioning and benefit your skin.
1. Helps in weight loss: One of the best aspects of detox drinks is that it helps you lose weight naturally. Detox drinks offer a major boost to your metabolism, thus aiding weight loss.
2. Improves Digestion: Detox drinks provide your digestive system with healthy nutrients and serve as a great laxative agent to ease your digestive functioning. Detox drinks also facilitate better liver functioning which plays a huge role in digestion as well. Try the following with water/juices:
3. Better liver functioning: Detox juices filter out toxins from the food we consume and also help provide digestive juices to disintegrate them from the healthy nutrients. They stimulate urination which helps purge the bodily toxins and avoids water retention.
4. Glowing skin: By reducing inflammation and cleansing your body of the toxin overload, detox drinks minimize signs of ageing. Environmental pollutants and chemical deposits on your skin leads to wrinkles and dryness, detox drinks with vitamin C rich fruits purify your skin cells and gives you rejuvenated and glowing skin.
5. Enhances energy: They cleans you from within and you feel a remarkable boost in your energy levels. These drinks also help you restore your hydration which will keep you going through a long exhausting day.
Keep mixing the juices and stay healthy 🙂
Yogi. Blogger. Storyteller After, a decade of being a fitness enthusiast and various trial and errors with corporate jobs and teaching (post a PG degree in Management).