Fitness is the new sexy and successfull! And, there are a million things that can be done to achieve a good body. But what about a healthy mind and healthy lifestyle? At Total yoga, we often say, “Yoga is a lifestyle.” It’s not just that one hour of exercise, it’s living in a way that nurtures our mind, body and environment.
These are simple tips that can be easily incorporated in our lifestyle to ensure wellness inside out.
Simple routine tips
- Start it right: Squeeze the juice of half a lemon in warm water and add some honey to kick-start digestion, cleanse the system and neutralise pH levels.
- Sweat it out: Exercise/ practice yoga for an hour. It ensure blood circulation and you sweat out the toxins. Besides, it keeps you energetic and keeps your skin radiant. When you exercise, your body releases chemicals called endorphins, which keep you happy and positive.
- Keep it raw: Cooking kills nutrition. Thus, steaming, light grilling or sauteeing foods ensures the prana and the nutrients are retained in the food.
- Clear the mind: Take time for 11 slow-deep breaths atleast twice a day. Your phone hangs due to too many apps running. Similarly, your mind hangs due to too many thoughts and distraction. Thus, cleanse your mind and let it function optimally!
- Drink some more: Drink three litres of fluids daily. As this helps move the lymph and support kidney detoxification. Keep water handy, especially when you are travelling.
- Mindful eating: Aim to chew each mouthful 10-12 times. Bring mindfulness to your eating. As this helps to avoid over-eating and improves the digestion process.
Little drops of water make a mighty ocean. Little steps towards a more fulfilling body, mind and life. 🙂
Yogi. Blogger. Storyteller After, a decade of being a fitness enthusiast and various trial and errors with corporate jobs and teaching (post a PG degree in Management).